Yamaha’ YTS-82Z offers many improvements to Yamaha saxophones of the past, while maintaining a consistent build quality and free-blowing nature. The body of the Custom Z is made from a special brass alloy offering a lighter weight and a tonal flexibility only dreamt of until now. The Custom G1 neck helps produce a quick and agile response, while key action and placement just feel right. The YTS-82Z captures the sound of popular vintage saxophones of the past, but adds the comfort of modern mechanisms and playability.
The 82Z features a two-piece hydro-formed bell. The body, bell, and bow are annealed during production to make this horn more responsive and less resistant.
The new mechanisms on the 82Z allow for faster action and easier repair.
Blue steel springs
The 82Z comes with blue steel springs for faster, more sensitive key response and higher resiliency.
The new 82Z comes equipped with a newly designed lightweight case that has a shoulder strap.
Eye catching engraving will give you the look of a custom horn.
• Key of Bb
• 2-piece hydroformed bell
• Annealed body, bell, and bow
• Unique front F mechanism
• High F key
• Ribbed and flanged post mounting
• Hand-engraved bell
• Mother-of-pearl key buttons
• Gold lacquer finish
• Level: Professional
• Key: Bb
• Neck: Custom G1 (handmade)
• Neck Material: French Brass
• Body Material: French Brass (annealed)
• Bell: French Brass (annealed), 2 pc.
• Finish: Lacquered, Black Lacquered, Unlacquered, or Silver Plated
• Key Material: Yellow Brass
• Key Buttons: Mother-of-pearl
• Tone Holes: Drawn
• Auxiliary Keys: Front F; High F key
• Mouthpiece: Yamaha 4CM
• Spring Type: Blue steel needle
• Pad Type: Waterproof leather and wool felt with plastic tone boosters
• Bell Decoration: Hand engraved
• Thumb Hook: Adjustable plastic
• Pivot Screw: Bullet tip design with head
• Mounting: Ribbed and flanged