Quality wood plus innovation equals brilliant sound
Sitka spruce is highly valued for guitar tops — and for good reason. This select grade of stiff but elastic softwood is gorgeous and is equally suited to aggressive strumming, flatpicking, and even fingerpicking styles of play. The Yamaha AC3M Concert features a solid Sitka top treated at high heat to remove moisture and volatiles (the A.R.E. process), resulting in greater stability and beautiful aged color. Its solid mahogany back and sides also produce warm, balanced tones from low to high. The Yamaha AC3M Concert is a guitar that looks, plays, and sounds great.
Studio sound onstage
Normally you can best hear a guitar’s subtle nuances in the studio while it’s miked, but the Yamaha AC3M Concert has Yamaha’s SRT2 pickup system, which brings those wonderful acoustic sounds to the stage. With blend control, you can balance the output from the under-bridge piezo pickup with the modeling of either a Neumann KM 56 small-diaphragm condenser mic or a Royer R-122 active ribbon mic, creating your own unique tone with natural clarity.
Yamaha AC3M Concert Features:
• 6-string concert-sized acoustic-electric with traditional western cutaway
• Solid Sitka spruce top and solid mahogany back and sides for bright, warm tone
• A.R.E. wood torrefaction provides greater stability and attractive aged color
• SRT2 system allows you to blend between piezo and SRT2 preamp signals for a personalized sound
• String Type:Steel
• Number of Strings:6
• Body Shape:Concert
• Color:Vintage Natural
• Finish:A.R.E. treated top
• Top Wood:Solid Sitka Spruce
• Back & Sides Wood:Solid Mahogany
• Body Bracing:Scalloped bracing
• Neck Wood:3-piece Mahogany
• Fingerboard Material:Ebony
• Fingerboard Inlay:Dots
• Number of Frets:20
• Scale Length:25.5"
• Tuning Machines:Die-cast chrome
• Bridge Material:Ebony
• Nut Width:1.692"
• Electronics:SRT2 preamp with saddle pickup
• Case Included:Hard bag
• Manufacturer Part Number:AC3M