The 631G is the traditional Yamaha flugelhorn used by many of the world’s leading musicians. The tone is characterized by an extremely round, mellow sound with an abundance of tonal color. It features a gold-brass bell for a soft dark sound and a beautiful lacquer finish.
• Traditionally, flugelhorns are made with vertical valve tubing.
• Monel pistons are resistant to corrosion and are an ideal choice for professional flugelhorn pistons which must retain precise precise fit and smooth action over many years.
• Hand-lapped pistons and slides ensures an absolutely perfect fit and seal between the pistons and casing or slide parts. Such a perfect fit helps achieve smooth air flow and smooth action and improve the response and intonation of the instrument.
• Tuning is made easier with the movable mouthpiece receiver.
• Perfectly rounded tubing results in less turbulence and a smoother airflow, thus allowing for an excellent scale and reduced resistance.
• A high-energy laser fuses the brass together for a virtually seamless bell which allows continuous even vibrations.
• A third valve slide trigger assembly (YAC YFTR) is standard.
• The YFH-631G flugelhorn is available or without a case or with a combo case (flugelhorn/trumpet case – YAC 1366).